Monday, August 16, 2010

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” -Unknown

Well, it's been over a month, and I've had many requests for a blog entry, so here it is.

My horribly boring summer job is coming to a close, thank goodness, as are my twelve hour days. The innocent victims of this job have been my bank account (ironically), my social life, my family life, and my health, but I've come out intact, if not a little worse for wear.

I've got two whole weeks out west with the love of my life coming up, and am very much looking forward to decompressing, writing, taking photographs, spending some much needed time with Boyfriend, and going on a whole new adventure.

I'll be coming home to a job that allows me a little more time and financial stability, a wonderful combination... hopefully after two weeks of down time, I'll come back refreshed and ready to begin a new chapter. Hell, maybe I'll even have some time to write during the day. Grad school portfolio is looming... Apps must be in by January, and while that deadline seemed a distant destination not long ago, it now seems like not enough time to put together a presentable collection of writing. Wish me luck!

And, I say with the best of intentions, I will try my hardest to blog more often... perhaps not every day- this isn't Ireland, after all- but more frequently than I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment