Just today I was thinking that I've really had nothing to blog about... well the universe really offered me a solution to that problem.
Get ready, kiddies, today's topic: ignorant miserable excuses for human beings.
I find myself once again involved in a frantic search for roommates to fill my apartment so I don't have to move or live on the street. This seems to be my summer tradition. Craigslist had proved to be a useful tool in the past, and today in response to an email I sent to a girl in search of a place to stay, I got a phone call. From a 30 year old "dancer" (read: stripper) who works at the strip club that used to be the set for the Bada Bing in the Sopranos. After a few minutes of conversation she asked me if the apartment was in a "nice white neighborhood."
Um... huh?
"Well is race an issue?"
"Well, I mean, I guess I'm a little racist... my sister has two kids by two different black guys. She's a little chubby, and you know how black guys like fat white chicks, they wear them on their arms like trophies. I'm sick of f*ing immigrants coming here and taking our jobs and getting free health care and college while I'm giving lap dances to pay for school."
"Listen, if race is an issue we're going to have a problem. And just so you know, my boyfriend is black."
"Well, I mean, hey, our president is black. I just don't wanna look out my window and see a bunch of [non-white people]. I'm a republican."
After telling her that this definitely wasn't going to work out, don't bother coming to see the apartment, and hanging up, I was left shaking my head in astonishment. Are there really people like that out there? And I''m not just talking about republican strippers (although I think that belongs in one of those Starburst commercials with the Scottish Korean guy talking about contradictions), but people who are that racist? Come on. People like that are a waste.
Go live in a stripper colony in Connecticut.
Universities don't take dollar bills...
ReplyDeletewow...i know this is late but i'm sorry you had to deal with that truly ignorant miserable excuse for a human being my darling
ReplyDelete