Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"If you're constantly watching your rear-view mirror, you're going to crash your car." -Me

Yes, it has been a while... again. But it's been difficult to find things to write about when I've been too bored and depressed to even do things in my day-to-day life. Working a job that does not challenge me, living in a place I've been so long that it has become stagnant and uninteresting, without even the excitement of going to school, and absolutely nothing to look forward to... I've been ready to die.

I got a job today, though. (Big huge hooray!)

I don't think I blogged about this, but last month I interviewed for a three month internship as a technical writer. I have to be honest, I wasn't crazy about the idea at first... sitting in a cubicle copyediting a manual for a debt collection software program...yikes.

But now, after months of doing nothing, barely even living my life, just the chance to get out of the house excites me. This is something that is all mine, and I'm so excited. Now I can officially say that I make my living as a writer... how kick-ass is that?!

Plus, it's some of that ultra in-high-demand experience that I apparently need to do anything I really want to do.

I'm also starting to work on a "fiction" piece based on my Ireland blog entries. Still working out details, but I hope it works out.

I miss looking forward to writing in my blog every day. I miss actually living my life.

Well, things are changing. Let's hope for the better.

And Ireland, I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Life isn't that bad. When you have your health, family, and friends...life can't be that bad. Depression is just a state of mind, get out of it, and live the life that you want to live...

    ReplyDelete