So a frantic and frustrating search for car insurance for Boyfriend today led to some enlightening discoveries... Well, one, actually:
Your car insurance rate gets reduced by 50% if you're married. Fifty percent?
This revelation led me to propose to Boyfriend in the State Farm agency in front of an older women named Ann with maroon hair and gray roots. Fortunately, he lovingly declined. (I couldn't live with myself if I knew I was an insurance bride.)
On a serious note, though, this fact really pisses me off on behalf of all the gay and single people out there. I mean, falling in love and "putting a ring on it" can save you thousands of dollars a year? What about those people who never find "the one"? What about those millions who are legally barred from this right?
Get with the program, State Farm! Take your quote and shove it, Allstate! Wake up and smell the coffee, Geico! This is the year 2010... Shouldn't we be more Progressive than this?
No comments:
Post a Comment