Thursday, April 1, 2010

More philosophical rambling to fill the time.

Phew, it's been a while. I guess I can no longer pride myself on the fact that I write every day, although to my credit, I do think about my blog every day, and just choose no to click on the little button that says "New Post" because of my lack of interesting things to say.

Today, though, I'm wondering about universal signs. Not like stop signs, or exit signs. I mean the little signals that the universe sends you, telling you whats ahead, or what to look out for, or where to turn next. Unlike stop signs or exit signs, these are much more difficult to read. They don't come in garish colors or geometrical shapes, and they are very easy to overlook, but there are undoubtedly signs from the universe telling us things: stop, slow down, don't even think about it!!

I've always believed, and probably always will, that the universe brings us what we need, and guides us in the right direction. If we're oblivious and overlook the signs, or misread them, we may end up in a place we don't want to be.

Actually, we may inevitably end up in places we don't want to be, regardless of the signs, but these are the places we need to be at this certain point. Now, I know lots of people like to say this to make their lives more bearable; the difficult times are only learning experiences, good things will come my way, etc.

You know what? Life has the difficult built right in. It also has so many moments of complete wonder and happiness. I wouldn't trade any of my unhappiness (which, despite my youthful age of twenty-five, there's been a fair amount of) because every tear was really just a sign. If you let the universe guide you, and understand that we're always in an imperfectly perfect place in our lives, it makes it much easier. What will be will be... and all that fatalist jazz.

1 comment:

  1. A very eloquent way of describing the "shit out of luck" phases of life

    ReplyDelete