Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 1 Part 2

Yes, I am doing things besides blog... I have the pictures to prove it! But I felt the need to bookend my roller coaster of a day. It's 9:30 here. Today my mood improved immensely when I went up to my room, took a shower, and ventured out into City Center. This is a fine hostel... nice people, clean enough, only a little cold... but I think it has a negative energy for me. If I don't have Ireland in front of my eyes I just think about the people I'm missing. At least I found a phone card and finally got in touch with my Dad.

But I did have a fantastic time out in Dublin today... I was walking down the street like a crazy person with an unexplained smile on my face. Dublin is really cool. Full of people, beautiful architecture, so much history. Here's some of what I saw:

View of my room from my bed... It's ok that I missed the college experience, I'm making up for it now... times 4.
 
View out the window from my bed.


The River Liffey


The Ha'penny Bridge. This bridge connects North and South Dublin, and is called this because in the old days it cost a half a penny to cross it. Now it's free!
 
A monument on O'Connell Street... I should find out what it's called because it's cool!
 
What happened to Johnny??

The River Liffey at night... Wow.

The Spire. Which is basically a huge needle, and apparently the tallest point in Dublin.

The River Liffey at night again. How gorgeous is this?


My favorite building in Dublin so far.

And that's it for today. Hope you had fun in Dublin with me. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment