"Well, I'm in Dublin. Seriously... me.... in Dublin. Dublin IRELAND, not Dublin Ohio. Wow.
I'm been pretty bummed out while I've been sitting in my hostel but as soon as I step outside I can literally feel my depression disappear. I'm taking some awesome photos, and I don't even mind the cold.
I was standing on the Ha'penny Bridge (me!) looking out onto the gorgeous River Liffey and the beautiful colored lights reflected in it, when a young drunken man came up to me in a group of his friends (one of whom was helping him navigate his way over the treacherous terrain of the bridge). He looks very serious, and says, "Be careful. Please. Go slow." And, though he was probably sopping with Guinness, I think it was some very good advice. I'm letting myself get spun up in the fact that I won't see my family, friends, or boyfriend for a month to the point where all I want to do is cry. But if I "go slow," take it one moment, one day, one step over the Ha'penny Bridge at a time, I'll be okay.
I'll be going up to my dorm room shortly, where there are 8 beds occupied by a pair of Asian girls, a pair of Swedish girls, a pair of French girls... and me. All the girls apparently travel in pairs... even the two Australian girls whose photo I took by the River Liffey and the two Canadian girls watching MTV in the lounge. But not me.
Because, as difficult as it is sometimes for me to believe, I can do this alone. It's been about time for a "vision quest" for a while, and here I am. Full of visions.
So, to bed, now. Tomorrow... DUBLIN, BABY!"
And here are the photo's I took last night!
River/Bridge at NIGHT... I guess it was twilight before.
The top of the Spire lit up at night.
This would be my apartment if I had an apartment in City Center that overlooked the River Liffey.
The Bridge and the Spire
The Arlington (across from my hostel) and the Spire. Again.
The River Liffey, the Ha'penny Bridge and ME!
Over the bridge... and my FAVE photo so far. Definitely not regretting buying my camera.
And now I'm off to explore. Have a wonderful day my darlings!
GREAT PICS!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure things will be easier today... and more fun!
Really COLD here.
Love Ya!