Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Slán go fóill! (Goodbye for now!)

Well, I'm off! Just a few more hours until I head to the airport, and a few more until I land in... yes, that's right... Dublin! Finally! My entire body is buzzing, and given my immunity to caffeine, I know it's not from the coffee that my favorite Starbucks friend Martin treated me with as a going away gift.

It's really amazing how many people I have in my life supporting me, some of whom I've never met before. At times when I believe the worst in the human race it's nice to remind myself that there are people out there like Martin, Mary, Lynn, Liz, my father, my sisters and all the other people for whom this trip is as exciting as it is for me. It's nice to know there are people who really believe in me. I am very lucky to have many of these angels... more than I'd thought. I'm very lucky.

My boss asked me when I quit my job to go to Ireland, "Do you know how lucky you are, to be able to just flit off to Ireland?"

Oh, yes, I do. But now that I think about it, I don't think luck had much to do with it. This trip is the result of hard work, perseverance, a wonderful support system, and never giving up on my dream, even when it seemed romantic, impulsive, and unattainable.

Lucky? Maybe not. Blessed? Most definitely.

So, slán go fóill, my darlings. Next time I'll be writing from the Emerald Isle. Stay tuned for more of the Great Adventures of Glenn Ashley.

1 comment:

  1. I already miss you...thinking of you in the big sky:)

    lots of love <3
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete