Friday, August 23, 2013

For now, you'll just have to imagine South Dakota

Hello there! I was too tired to blog last night because of this damn time difference... I'm already not a fan. It's 2 hours behind here, so by the time the day was done it was really midnight in New Jersey.

We drive through some really cool stuff yesterday... the first half of the day was pretty boring (more corn fields), but we did cross the Mississippi and later the Missouri Rivers. Somewhere in South Dakota we decided to make the most of the corn situation, and stopped at "The Worlds Only Corn Palace," which was a building shaped like a palace and decorated in corn. Not kidding. It was fun though, and good to get out and stretch our legs.

The coolest part of the day was definitely the Badlands... Miles and miles of this awesome mountainous multicolored rocks rising out of the ground. And after the Badlands we stopped for dinner in Rapid City at the Firehouse Brewing Company and sat at a table with a view of this little historic town.

Alas, I have no photos, because the "Free Wi-Fi" here at the Garden Cottages Motel in Rapid City is free for a reason... it doesn't work. I'm on my phone internet. Also why this post is so short. But I'll update it soon with the photos from yesterday, because they are AWESOME! Take my word for it... for now.

Love to all.

Update: Here are some photos. :)




The mighty Mississippi

Fields of wind generators

Welcome to South Dakota

Get ready... and try not to think about the reason there's only ONE corn palace in the world.



Completely decorated with corn

Hmmmm, what's happening here?

Missouri River

Fields of sunflowers!



The Badlands!






No comments:

Post a Comment