Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Greetings from Ohio!

One down, five and a half to go! Today was a bit hectic, but a breeze compared to the chaos of the past few days... Let me fill you in, in a nutshell:

On Sunday night, thanks to the inexhaustible wisdom of my Dad (to whom I should ALWAYS listen) I discovered that my car, scheduled to pull a trailer 3000 miles, is not allowed to tow. That left me on a Sunday night after business hours hunched over my computer, sweating and hyperventilating, attempting to find an alternate method of transporting our belongings to Seattle. After many dead ends (and expensive ones) I discovered that Amtrak ships boxes for very cheap! So thanks to hours spent in the sun re-packing boxes to make them Amtrak-acceptable and the superhuman car-packing skills of my Dad, by end of yesterday our boxes were sitting in Newark Penn Station awaiting their train to the Pacific Northwest.

We ended the day with a wonderful Dad-cooked meal enjoyed on the patio. Perfection.

This morning I got coffee with my Dad for the last time for a while, ate his breakfast burrito (yum!) and bid a tearful goodbye through my car window. And I only had 2 major emotional meltdowns on the road, which, as I said to Tess, I consider a win.

And now, after a long day, I am enjoying the free Wi-Fi at the Microtel Inn in Streetsboro, Ohio, and looking forward to tomorrow: Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin.

I also look forward to writing a more interesting blog post, when I don't arrive at the hotel at 10pm. Perhaps there will even be photos.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment