Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In a magical place called... Wisconsin!

Greetings from the state known for their cheese... otherwise known as the state I should have been born in. Just kidding. Today we drove about 645 miles through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin, where I now sit on a semi-clean hotel bed.

Wanna know what we saw in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin??




 Corn.
And more corn.
 And more and more corn.
And even more corn. Seriously. I don't see how the human race will run out of food anytime in the near future. As long as they like to eat corn. 

Unfortunately, the hundreds of miles of corn fields we say today made for a somewhat boring trip... but then...



We got to Wisconsin! We took a little detour to go see Lake Delton, which amused Delton to no end. He loved the signs...





 And the lake was very peaceful and pretty.


And then, outside Lake Delton, Wisconsin really became magical. There was a Mount Olympus-themed amusement park, including a Trojan Horse that had mated with a roller coaster...


And my favorite, a self-guided tour of the upside-down White House (half fun-house, half not-too-scary haunted house). We did not go inside, but I'm pretty sure it was just as amusing from the outside...

Delton holding up the White House




And the office where you buy tickets, which is one of my weirdest dreams come to life... All the furniture is on the ceiling. I was tripping on this place totally sober. Can't imagine what stoners think when they come here.


The gorgeous completely un-photoshopped sunset just seconds before the sun went down...


And the final stretch to the hotel in Onalaska, Wisconsin. Admittedly, I missed the rest of the hour-long trip after I took this photo because I fell asleep. Don't worry, Delton was driving.

And tomorrow, we go through Minnesota (for a short time) and into South Dakota, where we'll drive through the Badlands. I'm psyched!

Stay tuned, my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment