Friday, August 30, 2013

I'm here! have been for a few days, but I've been busy settling in. I guess the blog thing backfired a little bit because I was too tired by the end of each day to write interesting posts and they all ended up sounding rushed and boring. But we got here on Monday, very late because they closed down the pass through the mountains for "at least 2 hours"... and we were 5 cars away from being let through. Rotten luck. :) So we took a detour that brought us up north and through another pass and then back down south. It took about 3 hours, but I think we still made it there earlier than we would have if we'd waited for the other pass to open.

We've been settling in over the past few days... taking in the view of Puget Sound from the west-facing side of the house, grocery shopping, cooking... all of these things make me feel more at home. Especially cooking.

I miss my family at random times throughout the day, usually at night, but I try to tell myself that I'm doing what's best for me. I also have moments of panic where I think Delton and I will never get jobs, but those usually pass, too.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get up the nerve to go to a free yoga class in the city (which is now Seattle, not New York!) by myself. I haven't gone to a yoga class alone since I went to Ireland, but I remember that being totally cathartic... and maybe I'll make friends. Who knows?

Here are some photos from the last leg of the trip.

Driving into Washington

More Washington

Sunset from the porch

Beautiful!

The sky after the rain from the living room window

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment