Yes, big bummer, but I happen to save all of my semi-broken cell phones, so I went home and pulled out the least broken one- an LG flip phone with a temperamental charging jack.
And, because Boyfriend is a technologenius (I totally just made that phrase up! ©) He just strapped his LED light to his head and went to town with his mini-tool set, and he fixed my phone.
What is interesting is this: I used this cell phone a year ago. In fact, it was the phone I was using when Boyfriend and I started dating. And I, being the sentimental romantic that I am, save all of the texts that mean something to me.
In my inbox was a message that he sent me after our first date, telling me what a great time he had, and a few others telling me that he missed me, couldn't wait to see me, etc.
I loved seeing these, because, not only does it take me back, but it shows me how great our relationship is- we still send texts like that.
There was also a text from my sister telling me something about her ex-boyfriend, to whom she hasn't spoken in a while, which reminded me just how much things can change in such a short amount of time.
There was one more message from my dad, wishing me a happy birthday- funny because my 25th is coming up in just 3 days. My text messages just came full circle.
My, how cell phones put things into perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment