I'm here with the family I "used to" work for... this week in Florida was set in stone before I quit, so I'm living up to my part of the deal... not very hard to do when you're sitting poolside drinking a pina colada and listening to Jimmy Buffett.
But that's not my big news of the day... Here it is... you ready for it??
I'm getting published!
That's right, I woke up on this beautiful Floriday to an email letting me know that an online literary journal wants to publish one of my poems. They publish a monthly online edition, and then they have an annual print edition featuring their best stuff. Hope I make that, but even if I don't, I have officially joined the ranks of those elite few who can call themselves authors. Sure it's just one poem, but to me, its one HUGE friggin' poem. (Ironically, it's the poem from which I very recently took my new title... it's a sign. Of what? I dunno, but who cares, I'm getting published!)
And now, for your viewing pleasure, some pictures of Florida. Just so you can feel super-jealous if you live in a place where it's still raining. (Just kidding, I wouldn't want you to be jealous... just imagine you're here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment