Do you want to hear something funny? I did a Google search tonight for "good news" after looking at the headlines on Yahoo and being beaten over the head by reports of death, natural disaster, political scandal, and war. I decided to see what positivity was swirling out there.
So I clicked on the first option, Goodnewsnetwork.org, and was brought to a page that offered me a few headlines like, "Canada Wins Hockey Gold In One of the Sports Greatest Games," or "Bon Jovi to Visit Skid Row and Homeless Shelters on New Tour."
Now, this is all well and good, but when I do a search for good news, I'm looking for something a little juicier than hockey and Bon Jovi (although these are good things, to be sure). I therefore clicked on "All Headlines" to see what else was out there.
Astonishingly, this took me to a page prompting me to subscribe to the Good News. What??
I get all the death, destruction, and misery I can handle for free, and the good news costs me money??
This is just too ironic, and very indicative of the society we live in.
What is the world coming to when you have to pay to hear the good news? I therefore encourage all my readers to keep their eyes open to the good stuff out there, and share it!
(At least with me.)
Now, seriously, if you really do want to hear something funny, check out my favorite blog, volcanicensemble.blogspot.com. I recommend this blog to everyone and their mother. And father, sister, brother, great grandfather, and fifth cousin twice removed. Seriously. If you want to laugh, check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment