Apologies for the lack of a blog last night, my jet lag is like a distant cousin who shows up on your doorstep with a suitcase and says, "Hey Cuz! I'm staying!" I was asleep by 7:45. Hey, I'm not pathetic, I'm just tired.
Consequently, I woke up at 6. It's actually been nice getting up, showered, dressed, dried, made up, and ready to start my day by 8 at the latest. I feel so productive. Ironic, that I'm gifted with all this energy when I have no job. S'all good, though. Things will be interesting when Boyfriend comes home from his week of partying it up Vegas-style... our sleeping habits are already like... well, like night and day. Ha ha.
The men's Olympic hockey gold-medal game was today, and their incredible fight to come back from a 2-0 deficit followed by their overtime loss got me thinking about dreams... again. I'm always thinking about dreams. Hell, it's right there in my blog name.
Dreams can be lost, changed, postponed, or realized. I'm lucky to have realized my dream of going to Ireland, but even that was a postponed dream. And while I had thought at the time that the delay was a bad thing, it was really a “blessing in disguise,” as they say. If I’d gone to Ireland four or five years ago when I’d first wanted to (even talking about moving there), I don’t think it would have had the same effect as it did. If I’d gone before I’d graduated (i.e. during my two-year hiatus from school) or when I was still as (relatively) immature as I was, Who knows what would have happened.
It’s nice to be at a point where I am completely and acutely aware of (a) how much I went through to get to where I am, (b) how lucky I am to have had all the experiences I have (grief, loss, heartbreak, education, friendship, love, growth), (c) to have the incredible support system that I do, and (d) to be totally free in my life. I have taken my life like a peach, and cut out those little soft brown spots, leaving nothing but juicy orange meat.
And there ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment