Monday, February 1, 2010

Greetings from Wexford!

After getting out of the hostel in Dublin this morning I caught the bus to Wexford... within two minutes of being here, though, I decided it's definitely not for me. It's a very small town with about one block of stores, one interesting church, and not much else.I understand that Ireland is quiet, but if I'm going to stay somewhere where there's nothing to do, I at least want it to be beautiful. Not the Wexford is ugly, but there isn't much to see here, except the wilfowl reserve, which doesn't really interest me.

So, tomorrow I'm moving on to Cork, which has a lot going on, from pubs, to nature, to Blarney Castle (should I kiss the Blarney Stone though, if I already have the "gift of gab"?). I'm looking forward to it. At first I was disappointed that I wasted a whole day getting to Wexford, and I'd already booked the hostel, but then I decided that after my whirlwind four days in fair Dublin town, it's good to have a rest. At least there is internet in my hostel, and I'm sitting in the TV room next to a cozy little coal fire. There's only one other girl staying here, Delphine, from France. I figured I could practice my French with her but she wants to practice her English. Oh well.

Sorry there are no adventures to report today, and I don't even have any pictures... I've taken maybe three pictures today... one of the front of the hostel, one of the room, and one of a sign in the bathroom which has a picture of a man standing up peeing with a cross through it. Apparently, men have to sit down to pee in this hostel...Perhaps I'll share that picture with you tomorrow.

I miss all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment