Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My, how plans can change....

This morning I had two free weeks with nothing to do, causing me to once again twist my hands into my hair and scream out to the heavens, "Why did I do this for a whole month?!"

Now, I've managed to plan the hell out of those two weeks, so I'm not sure if I'll have much down time at all!

Here is the new updated Adventures of Glenn itinerary, and everything that brought it into being.

My dear friend Jen has a dear boyfriend, Richard. Dear Richard lives in Leeds, England, leaving Dear Jen often blue and missing her beau. Dear Jen is going to Leeds to visit Dear Richard in just two more days, and will be here for a week. This week happens to fall over Dear Richard's birthday (what luck!).

So, when I spoke to (read: Skyped with) Dear Jen today, we devised a plot (sounds evil) for me to shoot over to Leeds for Dear Richard's birthday soiree next Tuesday. Bing, bang, boom, I booked a flight from Dublin to Leeds and back again (two flights in the span of less than twenty-four hours) and a hostel in Dublin the night before I leave and the night I get back. Dear Richard sent me a Bible-length email detailing all the "nitty-gritty" (and, yes, Dear Richard, we do use that phrase in America. But only if you're... well... me. Or over the age of 40). So now I am cramming in a trip to Galway before I leave the west, grabbing a bus back to Dublin, country-hopping over to Grand Ol' England for a day, and coming back to chill out in Dublin for about a week, wherein I will be partaking in the wide array of day-tours to everywhere else I have not yet seen. Before I know it, it'll be time to come home.

Sounds like a plan, yes?

Yes, I'm excited. Slash nervous. Slash excited. Such a roller-coaster of feelings on this trip.

Tomorrow I have to get my bum over to the rent-a-bike place (since apparently the lone traveler is an economical liability and cannot be shown the same courtesy/price as travelers who aren't quite as brave, and is therefore charged double) and go see the fantastic views of Slea Head Drive. I just hope it's not too cold. I'll just repeat the advice I know my dad would give me if is...

"Suck it up."

2 comments:

  1. That's Martin's advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear jen loves you and can't wait to see you in jolly old england

    cheerio!

    ReplyDelete