To my loyal fans, my deepest apologies go out for not posting last night. Unfortunately this was unavoidable. For some of you this may be difficult to believe, living in/near big cities, but the single internet/phone provider in Ireland malfunctioned yesterday, leaving the whole of the Dingle Peninsula without phones, internet, ATMs, credit card machines, etc. If that had happened in Montclair, I think it may have been the closest thing to an apocalypse we'd ever seen. In Dingle, though, everyone kind of took it in stride... except for me, that is. An entire day with no email and no blog... I was a blue baby.
On another note, I rented a bike from Foxy Johns Pub/hardware store/bike rental yesterday and biked Slea Head Drive. Unfortunately it was quite windy and cold, so I only biked halfway, then turned around for home. As it was, it was a three hour bike ride. My bum and the bicycle seat fought the entire trip, forcing me to "pull this bike over!" and separate them a few times, and now my poor tush is definitely feeling the repercussions. I'm trying to sit down as little as possible.
The view from Slea Head were beautiful, though, and I saw the prehistoric stone beehive huts, which were very cool. I did take photos, but as I am in the library right now I cannot post them. (The internet at the hotel has a virus... I hope it gets fixed by tonight because I've already used my 1 hour/2x a week limit.)
I'm going to leave Dingle tomorrow and head back to Dublin. I'll settle down there for a few days before I go to England, and when I get back I think I'll go back to Galway, at least for a day or two.
In case I don't get to post tonight, I'll be in touch tomorrow.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment