So, it seems that I have, most unfortunately, come down with a cold, and likely, a small fever. It's a good thing I'm in a hostel with a room all to myself in a town with a pharmacy, where this morning I popped in to get some Vitamin C/zinc tablets, which is what the kindly old Irish lady behind the counter suggested, in addition to "hot water with lemon, honey, and brown sugar." When I asked her if that was an old Irish remedy, she replied, "No, dear, just common sense."
So I will be spending the rest of the afternoon/evening in bed with my book and the Irish version of a Cup 'O' Noodles, called Pot Noodle. Which is fine with me, minus the nose-blowing, sneezing, chills, and headache. Oh well.
I didn't want the day to be a total wash, and I was actually feeling okay this morning, so I ventured around town a bit, into a few shops where I bought several more postcards. In early afternoon I made a stop at the season re-opening day of Murphy's Ice Cream, which boasts of the "best ice cream in the world." Presumably, they were closed for the colder winter months, and just today opened up again. Coincidentally, my dad suggested just last night that I go there.
I had a little scoop of cinnamon, which was delicious, and a cup of hot chocolate. Murphy's on opening day is definitely the busiest I've seen any shop in Dingle, a town which is very slow in the winter months. This is especially noteworthy given the fact that the better percentage of businesses in Dingle close on Sunday.
So, I sipped my hot chocolate and looked at all the wee ones licking dripping ice cream from their fingers as their chatted with their friends nearby.
Today I am blogging early, as I well be spending the rest of the evening in bed trying to recover so this cold does not drag on and ruin more time than necessary. No photos today, sorry. I took just one (of Murphy's) which I'll post tomorrow.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment