That's right folks, I officially visited the Guinness Storehouse today. Now, I was completely willing to skip this particular tourist attraction, opting instead for the cathedrals and awe-inspiring government buildings. However, I'm acting under the possibility that I will never be back to Ireland, though this is not my goal... I'd love to come back with a buddy. However, when people hear that I spent over a week in Dublin and did not visit the Guinness Storehouse, a Dublin monument and the birthplace of the official beer of Ireland... well I don't want to have to say that I skipped that one.
It was pretty interesting, though I was more interested in the building and how they set up the tour. There were a lot of cool things to look at. They also give out a free taste of Guinness, and with your ticket you can get a free pint in the Gravity Bar, a circular room on the top of the building with 360 degree views of Dublin. Well, after my free taste I decided that I definitely don't like Guinness, and opted out of the free pint, but my beer-less trip up to the gravity bar was very cool nonetheless.
Other than that it's just been a Drizzly Dublin Day. I will not be posting my Guinness photos today, as I'm on my way out to see Valentine's Day at the Savoy Cinema on O'Connell Street. I haven't been to the movies in a very long time. I'm excited. Then its straight to bed, because I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to catch the bus to the airport, and then I'm off to Leeds for less than twenty-four hours to see Jen and Richard, and go to Richard's bowling birthday party. Not sure if I'll be able to blog there, you might have to go a day without me... I'm sure you'll live. I'll post pics next time.
Cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment